Monday 18 October 2010

T-shirt design 2 - Identity

For this design I used my ID image and made it bigger than the t-shirt and after playing around with the levels I created a clipping mask onto the shirt. I then duplicated the layer twice and moved it around a bit and used the opposite of the layer mask that came with the file for the inside of the shirt. I then added the white area to the layer mask. After all that I added a dark red/pink into the mask layer and set it to overlay. I then used the mask from the inside parts of the shirt to make a similar, darker layer. I then turned all the layers except the shadows layer off and saved it as a .psd file. I then turned all the layers back on and with the ID layer selected I went into filter > distort > displace and chose the file I just saved.

I really like my t-shirt design especially the colour of the scan of my hand. If I could do it again I would make the black more of a dark grey and add more shadows and highlights as it looks really flat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment