Monday 11 October 2010

Experimenting with typography

Today we experimented with typography. First we chose a feeling and then we tried to envision it only using letter stamps, black ink and red ink.

After we experimented with that we went on the computer and experimented with the different effects like fish eye, wave, ark and fish that you can give text with the 'warp text' effect
After that we learnt to make the text follow a path we drew with the pen tool.
And how to fill a closed path with text.

We then moved on to more detailed selections made from photographs which gives the image a very interesting effect.
I really like the different effects I got form typography, especially in the second image with the shapes I made, I will probably use typography again some day. If I could do this again I would use more fonts though.

No comments:

Post a Comment